Saturday, August 4, 2012

Oreo Marshmallow Bars ... 'nuff said!

Last night, my cousin invited us over to dinner.  We had so much fun.  So many laughs....so much love!  The dinner she cooked was delicious (Caesar salad with homemade dressing & homemade rosemary garlic croutons, filet mignon, mac n cheese, garlic bread and corn on the cob.....simply scrumptious!).  I made a dessert.

Enter:  Oreo Marshmallow Bars (at least that's what I keep calling them).  I came across THIS recipe on Pinterest.  The recipe called for a bag of large marshmallows but I used what I had on hand which were the mini ones.  But hey, a marshmallow is a marshmallow right?

Go.  Run.  Right now. To the store.  Get three things:  oreos (Double Stuff of course!), butter and a bag of marshmallows.  That's it.  Seriously.  Go ahead....I'll wait.

Are you with me?

Place cookies in a ziploc bag and smash 'em up with a rolling pin.  (Could also use food processor)
 Line an 8X8 pan with aluminum foil
 Place marshmallows and 4 TBS of butter in a microwave safe bowl
 Microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.  I did mine for 1 1/2 mins and it was perfect.
 Then fold in your mashed up cookies.  Oh, it's starting to look sinful.
 Spread them in a pan and let them set up for 10-15 minutes.
 Should.
 Be.
 Illegal.

Everything about that recipe is just wrong.  Wrong.  Wrong.  Wrong.  But we sacrificed ourselves for the sake of the pure deliciousness of those three simple ingredients.  We enjoyed every single sinful bite!

Here is my daughter and granddaughter feeding the birds the leftover bread from dinner.  Myah (my granddaughter) had just changed into her PJ's and took out her little pigtails hence her little hair horns!
 This is Myah enjoying some of the bread for herself!
My cousin Ondrea (Onnie as we love to call her) and Myah who just wanted to get down & play!

So grab a cousin, sister, friend and make some time for some good food and fun!

Until next time!

~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment