Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Favorite Seasoning EVER (besides garlic of course)

I decided to write this post before I posted any of my favorite recipes.  I need to tell you about my favorite seasoning of all time.  It is Morton's Natures Seasoning.

(I found this image via Google)

I use this seasoning on ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING.  And I'm not joking.  I never joke about this seasoning.  Ever.  It's just that good.  I really could be the poster child for this seasoning.  I can't even begin to tell you how many people I have now turned on to this stuff.

Obviously this is only my third blog post ever so I am not getting paid in free seasoning to tell you this. Consider it my free gift to you!

Any time I brown, or cook for that matter, any type of meat or seafood I give it a coating of this stuff.  Any recipe that calls for salt and pepper....yup, I add this.  Now I will use this usually with an addition of pepper so as not to over salt anything, but this isn't overly salty.  I add it to potato salads, egg salads, all sauces, soups, stews, etc.  The only thing I don't add this to is dessert.

I seriously am not kidding when I tell you I add it to everything.  I have been using it for as long as I can remember.  We will even use it as a table condiment (it is wonderful atop of mashed potatoes!).

I felt I needed to explain my obsession with Nature's Seasoning before I posted any recipes.  Because this will always be added to them.  Always.

Ok, I feel better now that I have gotten this off of my chest.  I will now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

** Update:  I just now noticed that I call this Nature's *Seasonings* instead of the correct name Nature's *Seasons*.  Hmm....interesting that I have been using this for umpteen years, several times a week yet still manage to mess up the name.  Oh well, still doesn't change the fact that I LOVE it! :) **

2 comments:

  1. I usually use lawrys I will have to try this one out;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawrys Garlic Salt is next in line of my favorites. I remember from reading your blog that you use the Lawrys Seasoning Salt. I like and use that also, but this one is my absolute favorite. Let me know how you like it if you happen to try it!

    ReplyDelete