Thursday, August 9, 2012

Garbage Bowl....what an attractive name!

Do you have a favorite mixing bowl?  One that you immediately reach for and that is near perfect for everything? Or is it just me?  Am I alone?  Anyway, I have a favorite bowl.  And it is THIS one:


It's a Rachel Ray Garbage Bowl.  Have you seen her use this on her shows?  Her 'garbage bowl' idea of having a bowl on your work space so you can throw your trash away while cooking (instead of running back and forth to the trashcan) is pretty brilliant in it's simplicity.  I even have used this principle at work.

But aside from the garbage idea, it is just a fantastic bowl.  Perfect size for almost everything and it is super duper durable.  I highly recommend this bowl.  I promise you will like it.  Promise.

Talking about mixing bowls, does anyone remember these:


My grandmother and I were very close.  I simply adored her.  When I was old enough to drive, I was forever inviting myself to her house for dinner.  She made a fresh pitcher of sweet tea every night for dinner.  She almost always had dinner rolls.  And if she knew I was coming, she would be sure to make her frozen white corn in butter sauce for a side dish as it was my favorite!  Yes, I still treasure that corn and think of her every single time I make it.  After she passed away, I was helping my grandfather pack up the house as he was moving.  My aunt & I were packing away and my grandfather was giving us whatever kitchen items he wasn't taking.  Well I wanted this bowl.  It holds such special memories for me and makes me feel like my Mom-Mom is right there in the kitchen with me.

Ok.....enough sappiness!!  :)

Honestly, I can't believe I just did a single whole post about a mixing bowl.  I mean, seriously???   Boy Stephanie, aren't you the captivating writer!

Enjoy your garbage bowl along with all of your special kitchen memories!

Until next time!
~ Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment